Today Kathy is going to be talking about one of her favorite topics: self-compassion. Learning this is a superpower that benefits all of us and everyone around us. For most women in medicine, compassion for others comes naturally, but that same compassion doesn’t always extend itself to their own needs. So in this episode, Kathy will share the importance of letting go of that inner critic and how to welcome more self-compassion into your life.
Listen in as she explains the psychology behind the benefits of treating ourselves in a kind and warm manner. Practicing self-compassion allows us to feel happier throughout the day, more helpful for our friends or family, and more motivated to keep going. Remember: it is up to you to advocate for yourself as much as you advocate for others, so start practicing more self-love and self-compassion today.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- The importance of getting clear on what you want. (2:00)
- The biggest lesson Kathy learned and the impact it has made. (3:20)
- Where she first heard about self-compassion. (6:35)
- The psychology and research behind self-compassion. (10:40)
- How to implement self-compassion in your life. (14:58)