Today’s episode tackles something that many physicians struggle with: setting boundaries. Though healthy boundaries are an important aspect of wellness, it is far too common for us to want to do more than we can and stretch ourselves too thin because we don’t know how to say “no,” or because we’re afraid to.
But the truth is, we’re human. We can’t do everything, and setting boundaries that communicate this is an act of self-care that can’t be ignored. If this is something you struggle with, listen in to hear the steps you can take to start setting healthy boundaries in your own life.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Why it’s important to set boundaries.
- How having weak boundaries hurts us.
- The shocking percentage of physicians in America who report symptoms of burnout.
- What’s at the root of such high rates of physician burnout.
- Reasons physicians may have a hard time setting healthy boundaries.
- An acronym to keep in mind for dealing with people who constantly test your limits.
- Key steps to take for setting healthy boundaries.