Today we’re continuing our two-part series on organizational efforts to decrease physician burnout. Last week, I described assessment tools that might help us begin our efforts for change within our organizations, and this episode is following up with examples of targeted interventions for improving physician wellness.
While every organization has its own unique needs and challenges, there are plenty of options for what institutions can do to keep their doctors healthy. Listen in to hear the types of interventions that have been successful, issues that make organizational efforts less likely to make an impact, and advice for supporting physicians in all aspects of their well-being.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Examples of organizational efforts to improve physician wellness.
- What makes interventions less likely to be successful.
- How to get ideas for efforts your organization can try.
- A common thing physicians report as a cause of burnout.
- What some organizations have done to ensure physicians are using their time efficiently.
- One area of intervention that’s grossly overlooked.
- What can be done to create a sense of community among physicians.
- The unsettling trend studies show us about women in medicine.
- What to do after an intervention effort takes place.