Red Mountain Resort has everything you need to relax, renew and rediscover your passion for adventure. Experience physician wellness with experts, discover the serenity and beauty of Utah's canyon walls alive with color, explore your adventurous side with guided excursions, or embark on a day of rejuvenation at Sagestone Spa. Be as active or relaxed, social or private, as you wish all while enjoying a community of friendship and support. Red Mountain Resort is the perfect combination of relaxation and adventure! Earn CME while creating the experience of a lifetime!
Date: October 14-16, 2019
Cost: $650 before July 1st, 2019 - $725 after July 1st, 2019
- ***Retreat cost does not include accommodations. Red Mountain Resort rates for this workshop: $370.00 per night, single occupancy plus 11.92% tax. Rates include three meals daily and access to free activities and spa facilities.
- Reservations must be made BEFORE Friday, July 12, 2019. Reservations requested after this date will be based upon availability.
CME Credits: Earn up to 8 hours AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
- Program Times: Attendees are encouraged to arrive Sunday evening, October 13th. The program begins at 8:30 am Monday, October 14th with registration and the first session. The retreat ends at noon on Wednesday, October 16th, 2019.
What is included with the retreat?
- Lectures and group discussions
- Up to 8 hours AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
What is included with resort accommodations?
- Full access to the resort including a wide-ranging selection of activities such as guided morning hikes, fitness classes, healthy life classes, personal discovery activities, cooking demonstrations, access to indoor & outdoor pools, bicycles, walking trails, strength & cardio studios and much more.
- Three healthy meals daily
What is not included?
- Resort fees
- Alcoholic beverages and personal purchases
- Massage or other healing arts treatments
- Travel insurance
Questions? E-mail the Institute for Physician Wellness.
Where is the retreat held?
Red Mountain Resort is located in St. George, Utah.
How do I get there?
You can fly into St. George or Las Vegas.
Red Mountain provides complimentary transportation from the St. George airport. There are a number of shuttle companies that make multiple daily trips from Las Vegas. Your ride will be appximately 2 hours from the Las Vegas airport. Click here for more transportation information.
What is the schedule?
Monday, October 14, 2019
8:30-9:00 am: Registration
9:00-12:00 pm: Session one
The Essentials of Self-care in Medicine
Kathy Stepien, MD (3 hours CME)
12:00 pm: Free time
Tuesday, October 15, 2019
9:00 - 12:oo pm: Session two
Topic and speaker to be announced (3 hours CME)
12:00 pm: Free time
Wednesday, October 16, 2019
9:00- 11:00 am: Session three
Healthy Steps Forward: Sustaining Meaningful Change
Kathy Stepien, MD (2 hours CME)
11:00 am: Closing remarks and good byes…until next time.
What food will be provided?
Red Mountain will provide 3 health meals daily. Click here for more information regarding the cuisine.
Red Mountain can accommodate most special food and dietary requests with 24 hour notice. If you request an item that is not currently on the menu, additional charges may apply.
Can my family join me?
Red Mountain Resort accommodates guests from the age of 12 up. Most of the guests are 30 plus years old. There’s something for everyone; you can come with girlfriends, a spouse or a parent and find plenty to do, separately and together. We frequently see girlfriend getaways, milestone birthdays, anniversaries, and mother-daughter-grandmother trips.
Are all physicians welcome?
The retreat is a welcoming space for medical doctors of all genders. Historically, most but not all attendees have been women.
Will my cell phone work?
For the consideration of all guests, the use of cell phones is limited to the conference center common areas, your room, the gazebo and the parking lots.
Is Red Mountain Resort accessible for all?
Please feel comfortable contacting Red Mountain Resort in advance to discuss accommodations.
What is the cancellation policy for the Institute for Physician Wellness?
Refund Policy: Cancellations made 90 days prior to the event will be refunded the full registration amount minus a nonrefundable $250 processing fee. All cancellations made for any reason after that date are nonrefundable. No exceptions or transfers can be made.
The Institute for Physician Wellness, LLC reserves the right to cancel or postpone any event due to unforeseen circumstances. In the unlikely evet of a cancellation or postponement, The Institute for Physician Wellness, LLC will refund the registration fee minus the nonrefundable $250 processing fee, but is not responsible for any other related costs or charges to the participant.