Take time to rest and recharge while learning about physician wellness with the experts!
Discover the serenity and beauty of Utah's canyon walls alive with color, explore your adventurous side with guided excursions, or embark on a day of rejuvenation at Sagestone Spa. Be as active or relaxed, as social or private as you wish while enjoying a physician retreat grounded in the fundamentals of wellness. Red Mountain Resort offers the perfect background for relaxation and adventure. Earn CME while creating the experience of a lifetime!
Date: October 14-16, 2019
Cost: $650 before July 1st, 2019 and $725 July 1st, 2019 and after
- Retreat cost does not include accommodations. Red Mountain Resort rates for this workshop: $370.00 per night, single occupancy plus 11.92% tax. Rates include three meals daily and access to free activities and spa facilities. All participants are expected to stay on-site.
- Reservations must be made BEFORE Friday, July 12, 2019. Reservations requested after this date will be based upon availability.
CME Credits: Earn up to 9 hours AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
- Program Times: Attendees are encouraged to arrive Sunday evening, October 13th. The program begins at 8:30 am Monday, October 14th with registration and the first session. The retreat ends at noon on Wednesday, October 16th, 2019.
What is included with the retreat?
- Lectures and group discussions
- Up to 9 hours AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
What is included with resort accommodations?
- Full access to the resort including a wide-ranging selection of activities such as guided morning hikes, fitness classes, healthy life classes, personal discovery activities, cooking demonstrations, access to indoor & outdoor pools, bicycles, walking trails, strength & cardio studios and much more.
- Three healthy meals daily
What is not included?
- Resort fees
- Alcoholic beverages and personal purchases
- Massage or other healing arts treatments
- Travel insurance
Questions? E-mail the Institute for Physician Wellness.
Where is the retreat held?
Red Mountain Resort is located in St. George, Utah.
How do I get there?
The closet airport is in Las Vegas, Nevada. Some participants will rent a car and drive on their own. Other participants prefer to take a shuttle. There are a number of shuttle companies that make multiple daily trips from Las Vegas. Your ride will be approximately 2 hours from the Las Vegas airport. Further information can be found on the Red Mountain website.
What is the schedule?
Monday, October 14, 2019
8:30-9:00 am: Registration
9:00-12:00 pm: Session one
The Essentials of Self-care in Medicine: What Every Physician Should Know
Kathy Stepien, MD (3 hours CME)
12:00 pm: Free time
Tuesday, October 15, 2019
9:00 - 12:oo pm: Session two
Lifestyle Transformation: How to ReCreate Your Life, Feel Better and Fight Burnout
Heather Hammerstedt MD MPH (3 hours CME)
12:00 pm: Free time
Wednesday, October 16, 2019
8:00- 11:00 am: Session three
Narrative Medicine: Showing Up Fully for Ourselves and Patients
Maureen Mayhew, MD, MPH (3 hours CME)
11:00 am: Closing remarks and good byes…until next time.
What food will be provided?
Red Mountain will provide three health meals daily. Red Mountain can accommodate most special food and dietary requests with 24 hour notice. If you request an item that is not currently on the menu, additional charges may apply.
Can my family join me?
Red Mountain Resort accommodates guests from the age of 12 up. Most of the guests are 30 plus years old. There’s something for everyone; you can come with girlfriends, a spouse or a parent and find plenty to do, separately and together.
Are all physicians welcome?
The retreat is a welcoming space for medical doctors of all genders. Historically, most but not all attendees have been women. Feel free to invite your physician spouse or partner to join us at the retreat!
Do I need to be in active practice?
No. All physicians with an MD or DO degree are welcome regardless of whether you are in clinical medicine, non-clinical medicine or are no longer practicing.
Will my cell phone work?
For the consideration of all guests, the use of cell phones is limited to the conference center common areas, your room, the gazebo and the parking lots.
Is Red Mountain Resort accessible for all?
Please feel comfortable contacting Red Mountain Resort in advance to discuss accommodations.
What is the cancellation policy for the Institute for Physician Wellness?
Refund Policy: Cancellations made 90 days prior to the event will be refunded the full registration amount minus a nonrefundable $250 processing fee. All cancellations made for any reason after that date are nonrefundable. No exceptions or transfers can be made.
The Institute for Physician Wellness, LLC reserves the right to cancel or postpone any event due to unforeseen circumstances. In the unlikely evet of a cancellation or postponement, The Institute for Physician Wellness, LLC will refund the registration fee minus the nonrefundable $250 processing fee, but is not responsible for any other related costs or charges to the participant.